University Unions has a brand new promotional campaign for the 2012-2013 academic year!
My Unions are: _______
About the campaign
Just as University Unions is at the epicenter of student life on campus, each student's unique personality, experiences, and stories come together at these buildings to define what makes our unions so dynamic—whether they serve as places to get together and study, midway points to refuel between classes, or as a home base for your student organization, the Unions are defined by YOU. What are YOUR unions?
As part of the campaign, you will be seeing many of your fellow student's testimonials on posters, diag boards, bus signs and videos that tell what the Unions are to them. Like the students you'll see, you define the Unions to fit your needs, desires, involvement, and personality. So why don’t you tell us what the Unions mean to you? How do YOU use the Unions? What are YOUR Unions?
Instagram Photo Contest!
Are you creative enough to be an expert photographer with your phone? It’s as simple as it sounds. Using Instagram to capture and tag photos, enter them into one of our categories for your chance to win a prize. There will be a prize-winner for each category and an overall best Instagram photo winner. The winners will be chosen based on how well their picture represents the category it was submitted in, as well as the creativity of the description. Instagram filters and modifications are allowed, this adds to the creativity!
Each photo must be shared with @UmichUnions with the #myunionsare. Each participant must then complete the #myunionsare with a word or phrase symbolizing what the picture shows and how the unions are being useful in the photo. This “My Unions are: ________” Description should clearly represent what is being shown in the photo.
There is no limit on the number of photos that can be submitted!
How to participate?
1. Take a look at the categories
2. Think, “what are my unions?”
3. Get creative
4. Snap a photo with Instagram illustrating what your unions are – think Michigan Union, Michigan League and/or Pierpont Commons
5. Tag us (@UmichUnions) and include the hashtag (#myunionsare) and complete the phrase with a space between the hashtag and the description. Ex: #myunionsare steamy, for a photo of a fresh Beanster’s latte.
6. Comment on your photo submission with the category you would like to submit it to.
7. Deadline for photo entries: February 22, 2013
8. If you win, we’ll contact you directly via Instagram and you will get a prize!
Note: By submitting your photo you are granting permission for University Unions to use the photo for promotional and informational purposes on social media platforms and on University websites!
• Study Style – Think about it anyway you want, get creative, maybe it’s the outfit you chose to study in in the art lounge in the Union, or the pile of books and snacks for your group project in the MUG.
• Food-Filled – Snap a picture of your Go-Blue Box, the U-Club sign, or maybe an artsy shot of a Mrs. Fields cookie cake? Maybe your sushi by Panda is looking particularly photogenic?
• Put the U in Fun – Perhaps the late night UMix will inspire your next Instagram shot, or maybe you gather some friends and spell out F.U.N on the Union steps?
• Resource Ready – Does your student org use the Banner Production Area to get creative? Maybe you have an awesome meeting in one of the League’s meeting rooms, or you snagged a cool shot of your friend playing the piano in Pierpont!
The creativity is endless! Interpret the categories in your own way just make sure you include, #myunionsare, completing the sentence!
Want to share? We want your voice! We invite you to take part in the campaign! We'd love to hear what the Unions mean to you or to your student organization! Are your Unions study central? Is the study lounge in the Union your favorite place to prepare for an exam? Can't get through a day without a snack from U-go's? Then maybe your Unions are crunchy. Is Beanster's a regular stop between classes? Then maybe the Unions are your rest stop. Do you spend more time in your student organization office than in your room? Then your unions may be your second home. We want to know!
So tell us what are your Unions!
Just send us an email with the following information. We'll review all of the entries to determine participants. We're interested in thoughtful, creative words and experiences.
Name, email contact, class year, major, extracurricular activities (student orgs, sports teams, etc.)
My Unions are: ________
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "My Unions Are" in the subject line.
Come back to this site often as we will be posting pieces of our campaign featuring your fellow students. You can also find our videos on our You Tube channel: umich unions
All of the promotional materials for University Unions are designed by students who work in the University Unions Graphic Design Office.
Interested in getting involved with University Unions marketing? The University Unions Student Marketing Advisory Committee is always looking for new members. For more info, please contact: email@example.com.