The University of Michigan Billiards Club is a sponsored student organization, open to all U of M students, staff, faculty, and alumni. You may join the club anytime between the mass meeting (early September) and the last meeting of the school year (late April), but membership discounts are only good from September through December (Fall) and January through April (Winter).
- The club meets on alternating Fridays and Sundays from 5:00-7:00. The exact schedule will be posted on this page when it is determined.
Sign me up!
To be added to the Michigan Billiards Club e-mail list, send a message to this email.
Join us on Facebook: Michigan Billiards Club.
- Students: $20 per semester / $35 per academic year
- Faculty, Staff: $30 per semester / $50 per academic year
- Alumni: $35 per semester / $60 per academic year
- One-day membership: $5 (available only to students)
- 33% off pool and other games (not valid when there is a wait list)
- Free Cuetec cue rental
- 25% off cue locker rental
- 15% off most merchandise
- "Michigan Billiards" short-sleeve t-shirts for $10.00 (regular price $12.50)
- "Michigan Billiards" long-sleeve t-shirts for $15.00 (regular price $18.00)
- 2 hours of free pool every week (during scheduled club meetings from September through April)
Membership in the Billiards Club is not to be used solely as a means of getting a discount on pool. It is a social club, and all members must attend at least one of every 3 club events.
Faculty, staff, and alumni members are invited to all club events and receive all discounts, but will not be eligible for tangible prizes such as T-shirts, cues, etc. They will, however, be eligible for free pool prizes. Faculty, staff, and alumni members are not eligible for intercollegiate tournaments.
The Billiards Club meets every week for tournaments, lessons, and videos. The winners of weekly club tournaments win a week of free pool in the Billiards Room or other prizes. Competitive club members are also encouraged to participate in intercollegiate tournament opportunities provided by the Billiards Room and the Association of College Unions International (ACUI). More information below.
Try-outs are held in mid-fall for the University of Michigan Team Pool Championships (UMTPC) team. The UMTPC is an intercollegiate team event, hosted here at U of M, comprised of about 16 teams from schools in more than a half-dozen states, plus Canada. For more information about the UMTPC, please see the UMTPC page. Membership in the Billiards Club is required to vie for a spot on the UMTPC team.
The best players in the Billiards Club (selection process determined by club officers) represent The University of Michigan at the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) intercollegiate tournament, which takes place in February. Winners of this regional tournament earn an invitation to the ACUI (national) Championships, where the winners receive up to $1,000 in scholarship money.