New Food Options Fresh for Summer
While the ground floor of the Michigan Union MUG food area is being renovated this summer, visitors can choose from a varied assortment of lunch and snack items at the new Summer Selections food service area on the first floor. Open daily, the area features six separate food stands that will operate until the MUG area reopens in late August for the start of the fall semester.. There will also be expanded food options in U-go’s on the ground floor.
- Sandwiches, Salads, & Sides: Favorite freshly made grab ‘n go sandwiches and salads, and side items found at Beanster’s, Bert’s, Commons Café, Mujo Café and Subway. Available all day every day!
- Coffee Café: Coffee and specialty espresso beverages served throughout the day, plus teas, smoothies, and iced drinks. Fresh pastries, muffins and other baked goods will be available for purchase, also.
- Ice Cream Station - Several rotating flavors including Cookies 'n Cream, Caramel Caribou, Green Tea, French Vanilla, Strawberry and Mackinac Island Fudge.
- Panda Express: Several of the Asian-inspired eatery’s most popular entrée optionsand sushi rolls are featured Monday thru Friday.
- Visiting Vendors: Summer Selections also features two local operators each day throughout the week that showcase their popular products in the Art Lounge. Rotating restaurants will include: Palm Palace, Jamaican Jerk Pit, and Ahmo’s Gyros and Deli.
- U-Go’s Expanded Selections: U-go’s on the ground floor of the Union remains open and offers an expanded selection of quick grab lunch, dinner and snack items including calzones, Subway sandwiches, pasta salads, and the normal assortment of to go items.
- Lunches with the Chefs: Occasionally throughout the summer, University Unions chefs will be on hand preparing special themed dishes such as BBQ, burgers, Michigan-made, etc.