Need a quiet spot to study? Want to fill the break between classes with a quick game of pool? Come to the Michigan Union and escape the hustle and bustle of campus life.
- Art Lounge - The Art Lounge mixes the functions of a gallery and study lounge to create an intriguing exhibit space with a comfortable atmosphere for studying. Students primarily create the exhibited artwork; however works by other members of the University and greater community are occasionally featured. In addition to artwork, the lounge also houses a grand piano, open to the University community.
Info on exhibiting
Location: 1st Floor of Michigan Union, on south side of building, adjacent to the Campus Information Center.
Hours: Michigan Union building hours
- Billiards and Games Room - It's the break room! Equipped with board games, foosball, video games, pool tables and more, the Billiards & Games Room is the perfect place to unwind and de-stress. Bring your friends and compete in team or individual pool tournaments, poker or euchre games! You can also play Xbox 360 on one of the gaming stations equipped with a variety of games. There are weekly and daily specials, be sure to check them out!
- Piano Practice Room - The piano practice room is available during Michigan Union building hours for those in need of a rehearsal space. Please go to the Campus Information Center (CIC) desk, located on the first floor near the east entrance and provide a state-issued, non-expired ID in exchange for the key. Location: Third floor, just north of the passenger elevator. Hours: Michigan Union building hours
- Quiet Study Lounge - Spacious yet cozy, the Union's Study Lounge was once the official "Reading Room". Here you can study in a quiet atmosphere, at well-lit tables or in overstuffed chairs by the fireplace. Lots of windows and comfortable surroundings make this a great place to study! Electrical outlets and wireless Internet are available. Please be courteous of your fellow students and refrain from cell phone use. Location: First floor, on the north side of building, directly across from the Art Lounge.
Hours: Michigan Union building hours.
- The MUG - The Michigan Union Grill, located on the groundfloor, is a great place for having a group study session, checking your email or catching up on the news. In addition to lots of booths and tables, computer stations and a television, the MUG is home to seven of our eateries and our very own convenience store: U-go's.
- Patio - The patio at the Michigan Union, open during the warmer months, is an inviting place to use your laptop while eating take out, or to catch up with friends. It is located off the main floor, next to Amer's. Grab some sun!