The Pierpont Commons Board of Representatives (TPCBR) shall recommend policy and advice to the Director of The Pierpont Commons. The primary mission of TPCBR is to fulfill the purpose the Commons. The TPCBR shall strive to provide suggestions and put forth concerns of its constituencies.
The TPCBR shall propose recommendations to the Director of TPC concerning:
- Policies governing use and allocation of space
- Building schedule policies
- Long-range plans designed to accomplish the Purpose of The Pierpont Commons
- Policies to encourage programming in The Pierpont Commons, which promotes interaction between all North Campus constituencies and the University as a whole
- Methods of promoting The Pierpont Commons and its programs
- Major renovation or improvements to the physical plant
Representatives will serve a one-year term without limits. The Pierpont Commons Board of Representatives shall meet at least once a month during the Fall and Winter terms. Special meetings of the Board may be called by the Chairperson of the Board, Vice-Chairperson or by one-third (1/3) of the members who jointly request a special meeting.
Appointment of Representatives
The Pierpont Commons Board of Representatives shall consist of seventeen (17) members; ten (10) students representing the various constituencies of North Campus; and seven (7) non- student members representing the areas below:
- The Director of The Pierpont Commons, as a non-voting member;
- Ten (10) students from the following constituencies shall be appointed to serve a one- year term: one (1) student from the College of Architecture and Urban Planning; one (1) student from the School of Art and Design; three (3) students from the College of Engineering with one representing UMEC (University of Michigan Engineering Council; one (1) student from the School of Music, Theater & Dance; one (1) student from Bursley Residence Hall; one (1) student from Baits Housing; one (1) student from Northwood Apartments; one (1) student from Center for Campus Involvement (CCI); and one (1) student from the CSG (Central Student Government) North Campus Affairs Commission.
Below are examples of past accomplishments of the Board.
- Maintaining North Campus services with the departure of the Cashier's Office
(petty cash, travel advances and change orders)
- Grand Opening of the North Campus Reflection Room
- GPS Bus Tracking System (Pilot Program) located in Commons Center
- North Campus Transportation Study
- Improved commuter bus schedule on weekends
- Additional outdoor lighting and sidewalk improvements on North Campus
- An additional "You Are Here" map in the Art & Architectural parking lot
The selection process for the Board is held in March of each year. For more information, please call the Administration Office at (734) 764-7544.
- Brian Banks - Staff - Stamps School of Art & Design
- Raj Brueggeman - Student - Stamps School of Art & Design
- Marionette Cano – Staff – School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Bo-Ying Fu - Student - College of Engineering
- Nancianna Girbach - Staff - Pierpont Commons
- John Luther – Staff – School of Art & Design
- Matthew Maranzano- Student - College of Engineering
- Etinosa "Kelly" Ogiesoba - Student - College of Engineering
- Mark Scott – Staff – Duderstadt Center
- Adam Skoczylas – Staff – College of Engineering
- Michael L. Swanigan – Staff – Pierpont Commons