University Unions is excited to share our latest marketing campaign theme for the 2019-2020 school year. We hope to convey through our communications and marketing pieces that University Unions is more than our three buildings (Union, League and Pierpont). When you enter our buildings you will experience the warmth, history, diversity, and vibrancy of the Go Blue! culture. You will benefit from our innovative programs, meeting and community spaces, Student Life resources, and support services. We're the place where students and the U-M community come to connect, live, learn, and thrive.
We have established colors that represent each of the buildings for quicker reference and familiarity.
The primary connecting visual element is the U shape - which represents the University, the Unions and you. It also symbolizes a hug as in welcoming all. Through posters, flyers, digital ads, diag boards, brochures and social media, students will see how the Unions can enhance the student experience on campus.
There a couple of very cool ways you can interact with this fun campaign:
The University Unions M-oji Sticker Pack
Add fun and flair to your text messages with this original, student created set of Michigan stickers! Download via the Michigan App. For feedback or questions, contact: email@example.com
University Unions Marketing Advisory Committee
Interested in getting hands on marketing experience or just love the Unions? Then apply to join the UU Marketing Advisory Committee.
- University Unions Marketing is looking for a group of 15-20 students who are interested in critiquing and developing student communications and promotions for the Unions (Michigan League, Michigan Union, Pierpont Commons).
- Selection of committee members will be based on responses to the applications.
- Students must be able to attend the Advisory Committee meetings every three to four weeks from September, 2019 through April, 2020. Meeting times to be determined based on member availability.
- Students must be able to actively discuss University Unions marketing issues, brainstorm new ideas and help promote University Unions.
- Students must have read the University Unions Marketing Advisory Committee Mission Statement and Purpose.
To facilitate the creation of effective marketing materials to promote University Unions’ brand, services, facilities and programs by ensuring that the communications are:
1. Reaching the entire student body
2. Including messages relevant to students
3. Increasing awareness of University Unions
4. Providing reasons to visit University Unions and utilize all the resources
5. Building a positive image of University Unions
The University Unions Student Marketing Advisory Committee consists of a small group of students who meet on a regular basis to:
- Evaluate the current University Unions marketing campaign
- Discuss ways to improve communications of UU to students
- Consolidate feedback from other students regarding marketing UU
- Discuss new ideas for marketing UU
- Actively engage in UU social media
- Have input on the new brand campaign for 2018/19
- Assist with small marketing projects for UU