The University Unions are more than buildings; for generations they have served as crossroads for the University community and have helped to shape campus life. They are not only important to supporting student success, but they help to define the culture for the campus community. Through the various student boards, committees, and staff, University Unions provides cultural, social, and recreational programs designed to make free-time activity a cooperative component with academic learning.
To continue to provide the resources that will enrich students’ lives, University Unions welcomes financial support at all levels. Each gift can truly make a difference, so please join us in supporting the ongoing role University Unions plays on campus.
Why Give to the University Unions?
Your gift to the University Unions supports:
- Development of leadership, teamwork and social skills that students will take into their professional pursuits.
- Facilitating the interaction of students, faculty and staff.
- Keeping the facilities vital, state-of-the art centers for student involvement.
There are many ways you can give to University Unions:
- Annual Giving-A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts-Gifts of cash, securities or "gifts in kind" make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to University Unions.
- Planned Giving-A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing your and your family's future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
Michigan Union Renovation
Our Michigan home will undergo an extensive renovation beginning in mid-2018. Significant areas of focus for this project—all of which could be enhanced with your financial support—include:
Creating student organization and student involvement spaces to encourage greater collaboration in a highly complex global society.
Improving visibility and accessibility throughout the building to ensure the Union is a welcoming place for everyone.
Updating space for counseling and student support services to ensure the Michigan Union is a central campus location for enriching students’ educational experiences.
Restoring original architectural features to enhance vibrancy on the first floor.
With student enrollment at an all-time high at the University of Michigan, and the ever-growing need for spaces that encourage innovation from students interacting with peers from all academic disciplines, this renovation could not come at a more vital time. You can discover more about the renovation project at recunionrenovations.umich.edu.
Your contribution to the Michigan Union will leave a lasting impression on the renovation project for this historic campus building.
We would be happy to talk about any of these options with you.
How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
- Online Giving - Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
- Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind - Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind here
- Matching Gifts - Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution
How to Contact Us