As part of University Unions, the Michigan Union is dedicated to providing the right combination of state of the art facilities with conveniences while preserving the unique historical setting that enhances the student experience at the University of Michigan. Over the years, students have developed strong connections to student organizational experiences held within the Union, social events they have attended here or the stately Michigan Union building itself. University Unions continues to seek additional financial support in order to provide high quality resources in each of our buildings for students' lives beyond the classroom.
Why Give to the Michigan Union?
Your gift to the Michigan Union/University Unions supports:
- Student development of leadership, teamwork and social skills
- Allowing the interaction of students, faculty and staff
- Keeping the building a vital, state-of-the art center for student involvement
There are many ways you can give to University Unions:
- Annual Giving-A general fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts-Gifts of cash, securities or "gifts in kind" make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to University Unions.
- Planned Giving-A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing your and your family's future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a donation from your estate within your will. We would be happy to talk about any of these methods with you.
Michigan Union Renovation
Our Michigan home will undergo an extensive renovation beginning in mid-2018. Significant areas of focus for this project—all of which could be enhanced with your financial support—include:
Creating student organization and student involvement spaces to encourage greater collaboration in a highly complex global society.
Improving visibility and accessibility throughout the building to ensure the Union is a welcoming place for everyone.
Updating space for counseling and student support services to ensure the Michigan Union is a central campus location for enriching students’ educational experiences.
Restoring original architectural features to enhance vibrancy on the first floor.
With student enrollment at an all-time high at the University of Michigan, and the ever-growing need for spaces that encourage innovation from students interacting with peers from all academic disciplines, this renovation could not come at a more vital time. You can discover more about the renovation project at recunionrenovations.umich.edu.
Please donate today to support the future of the Michigan Union. Your contribution will leave a lasting impression on the renovation project for this historic campus building.
How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
- Online Giving - Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
- Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind - Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind.
- Matching Gifts - Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution.
To speak to us about giving opportunities, please contact:
Support the Michigan Union!