Located in the heart of Central Campus, the Michigan Union is the University of Michigan's most recognizable landmark. With twenty-two versatile meeting rooms from which to choose, ranging from the grand style of the Rogel Ballroom to the intimate elegance of the Blain Room, the first-rate facilities of the Union are sure to accommodate your needs.
To reserve a room or schedule an event please call (734) 764-UUES or 764-8837 to reach Event Services or use our online reservation system. Our staff is ready to help you with any event including adding the appropriate refreshments through University Catering, our catering partner.
Reminder: All University facilities, buildings and grounds are now smoke-free. Please ask one of our event coordinators about accommodations.
Additonal planning resources can be found below.
University Departments - Whether it's a meeting for a few or a large symposium, you can trust us to handle all of the details of your department event. University Unions offers its rooms and services to University departments at discounted rates. More information
Non-University Users - University Unions would be happy to offer our facilities and services to a group not affiliated with the University. Just call us at 734-764-UUES (8837).
- Weddings - For a wonderful, classic location, why not consider having your wedding at the Michigan Union or Michigan League? We can create an experience of a lifetime for you and your family and guests. For more information, click here.
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Events - The University Unions offers an array of services to help you celebrate your Bar or Bat Mitzvah. For more details, click here.
Student Organizations - We are ready to help you with your meeting or event at the Michigan Union, Michigan League or Pierpont Commons. Please come visit the administrative offices in these buildings or call us at 734-764-8837. More info
For information on planning a Dance/Party Event visit:
An event is considered to be a dance/party if it includes all of the following:
- the use of music,
- a defined area for social dancing,
- active, non-seated attendees,
- expected attendance of more than 125, with at least 2/3 of the attendees being U-M students,
- the scheduled ending time for the event is later than 11:00 p.m.
To contact Event Services call (734)764-UUES (8837). To reserve a room please visit our online reservation system.