The Michigan League Board of Governors serves as an advisor to the league director in matters of policy and practice. The Board also serves as an advocate for the Michigan League by promoting the heritage of the iconic, historic building. The Board oversees the operations of the Friends of the Michigan League and provides insight and student input on Michigan League projects.
The mission of the Michigan League is to create a gracious and welcoming environment to support the educational, professional, cultural, service and social needs of the university community with a renewed focus on students.
- Maizie’s Kitchen and Market
- Blagdon room history display
- Provide insight on services and operation during a pandemic
- Advise on health and safety protocol implementation
- Space utilization and facilities planning
- Michigan League Scholarships for student employees
- Barbara Balbach
- Benjamin Davis
- Emily Gao
- Barbara Gomez
- Kathy Griswold
- Benjamin Leavitt
- Lois McEntyre
- Ann Moln
- Susan Pile
- Benjamin Russel
- Sheryl Szady
- Xavier Wilson
Members of the Michigan League Board of Governors are afforded these opportunities:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Work with students faculty, staff, alumni and friends who have a shared interest in the League
- Gain experience in the areas of board development, policy setting, strategic thinking and public relations
Terms are for one year. Current undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. To fulfill the mission of the Michigan League Board of Governors, members shall:
- Attend Board meetings
- Participate in the Board orientation during the initial term on the Board
- Serve on at least one committee
- Participate in as many of the activities of the Board and the Friends as possible
For more information, please contact us at (734) 647-9909.
I felt like I was needed, and my experiences as a student and student employee were seriously considered in the decision-making processes.